A centerpiece in your living room, one of the most used pieces of furniture, and something that is often used for decades is the couch in your living room.
A couch is one of the most important investments that decide the aesthetic and comfort level of your living room.
We tend to spend a lot of time recreating and recuperating in our living rooms. It is also the preferred space for hosting and entertainment, making the couch a very important part of your household.
An extremely versatile and chic look for a couch that has stood the test of time is a beige couch. As it is an understated color, beige couches pair well with a plethora of colors. This allows you to add pops of colors with other furnishings.
We’ve shortlisted some of our favorite neutral looks for living rooms along with a wide range of beige couch living room ideas. Browse through the article below to find inspiration for your living room!
Why Is The Beige Couch So Popular?
A one word answer to why beige couches are so popular is versatility.
Bright colored couches or heavily patterned couch designs require the living room’s furnishings and colors to compliment the couch. These are not changed often, making the living room monotonous and burdensome to look at.
On the other hand, beige couches are muted subtle tones that can be refreshed with different colored cushions or throws.
They are the poster child of homes with neutral looks, letting you experiment with colorful art, rugs, tables, or walls. The freedom afforded to the decorator by a neutral beige couch is not comparable.
If you’re tired of furniture quickly becoming eyesores, invest in neutral colored furniture that you can keep decorating around.
30 Best beige couch living room ideas
Need more inspiration for designs, fabrics, and materials? Browse through some of our favorite designs below. Find a style that works for your space, aesthetic, and budget before you decide to invest in a beige couch.
How to Decorate Around Beige Couch
We’re firm believers of switching up the vibe of a living room every few months. Here are some gorgeous and simple ideas that can help you decorate around a beige couch:
- Coffee Tables: Play up the aesthetic you want by adding a coffee table on either side of the couch or front of it. Gold and white marble coffee tables on either ends or a larger central coffee table in gray and black are a guaranteed match. If you want to add more color through your decor, try colored wood or vintage wood coffee tables to create a rustic feel.
- Floating chairs: While the couch remains fixed, you can add more seating with floating chairs around the living room. Match the design with the finishing of your coffee table or other furnishings. White and wood spindle chairs, large beige tufted side chairs are also great to create a fuller living room.
- Pillows: One of the easiest ways to add color and character to the living room is adding plush pillows. Pick a color scheme and fabric that goes with the rest of the aesthetic and use the pillows to make the couch comfortable. Experiment with pillows of varied sizes to add more play to your couch.
How to Extend the Life of Your Beige Sofa
Sofas should ideally be a long-lasting piece of furniture.
However, this becomes difficult as the couch is used frequently and in rough ways. Here are a few simple tips to extend the life of your beige sofa
- Revive and restuff: Sunken sofas make living rooms like dated and uncared for. Make sure you restuff pillows and revive fittings regularly to keep the sofa looking fresh.
- Invest in sturdy materials: The upholstery of a beige sofa is fairly easy to change. What burns a hole in the pocket is having to rebuild or buy a new sofa altogether due to usage of weak and short-lived materials. Invest in sturdy wood or/or metal frames that will last long.
- Deep clean once a year: As a hefty piece of furniture, sofas can be tricky to clean. You should get your couch deep cleaned once a year to keep it looking fresh and new.
Colors That Go with Beige Sofa or Couch
If you’re looking for colors that will complement your beige sofa, we have a list in mind. Feel free to experiment but these are some of the tried and tested combinations.
- Beige and almond brown for a clean and understated look
- Burgundy, white, and beige for an earthy yet bold feel
- Olive green and beige to make the living room cozy and refreshing
- Beige and navy to build a sophisticated combination
- And finally a refined and simple combination with gray and beige
How to Make Beige Couch Living Room Child Friendly
There are two ways to make a beige couch living room child friendly. The first one is to put in place some strict rules like no shoes on the couch, no food or drink, pets not allowed, and messy playtime is reserved for the playroom.
The alternative way is to have slipcovers made for the couch to protect it from wear and tear. You can take the covers off while you host or whenever you have people over.
Go for a beige sofa if you want to keep freshening up your living room from time to time. With so many colors and decor options, don’t limit yourself and your design expresses your aesthetic as freely as possible. Happy decorating!