Is your small bedroom also doubling as your home office?
If so, you’re not alone. Many of us are working from home these days, and that often means making do with a smaller space. But just because you don’t have a dedicated office doesn’t mean you can’t create a stylish and functional workspace.
Here are some great small bedroom office combo ideas to help you make the most of your limited space. With a little creativity, you can have both a cozy bedroom and a functional home office. Let’s take a look.
30 Best Small Bedroom Office Combo Ideas
Combining a bedroom and office into one cohesive space can be daunting, but there are plenty of ways to make it work.
In this section, we’ll explore 30 innovative designs for small bedroom office setups to help you create the perfect multipurpose room.
From utilizing vertical space to managing clutter, each idea will inspire you to think “outside the box” and craft a functional space without sacrificing style or comfort. So grab a notepad and let’s get started.
Tips For Designing Bedroom and Office Combo
When you combine your bedroom and office into one, it can be tricky to get it just right. The key is striking a balance between productivity and relaxation. Make sure your work area is organized, but feel free to add some cozy home items to keep the space comfortable.
1. Take Advantage of Your Wall Space
Making use of vertical space is key when trying to squeeze two distinct rooms into a small bedroom.
Hang floating shelves to create more storage and work surfaces, while freeing up floor space. Consider hanging curtains to further define your workspace from the rest of your room.
2. Make the Most of Multipurpose Furniture
Furniture that can serve multiple purposes is a great way to maximize space in your bedroom office combo.
For example, an ottoman with storage can double as both a coffee table and extra seating when needed; it also provides additional storage for office supplies or any other items you’d like to keep out of sight.
A daybed is a great option for dual use, as it can provide both seating and sleeping space when needed.
3. Utilize Under-Bed Storage
Don’t forget about all the storage potential under your bed. Get creative with ways to store items in baskets or bins that you can easily slide in and out when needed.
There are even DIY platforms you can build to make use of the space beneath your bed, creating a mini filing cabinet or simply an organized way to store extra items.
4. Choose Multi-Use Decor Items
Select home decor pieces that have multiple uses as well as aesthetic appeal. A decorative ladder can be used to store throws or extra pillows in the bedroom, while serving as a place to hang coats or bags when you’re working in your office.
Similarly, a wall-mounted shelf with baskets is perfect for organizing paperwork and other items while adding some stylish flair.
With these tips in mind, your bedroom/office combo will be a stylish and practical sanctuary.
Top Tips For Saving Space in Your Bedroom
- Utilize Vertical Space: Take advantage of your walls by utilizing vertical space for storage and shelving. Floating shelves, hanging wall organizers, and peg boards are all great options.
- Use Slender Furniture: Look for furniture pieces that take up less space and can serve multiple purposes. A folding desk, for example, can be tucked away when not needed and pulled out for work or hobbies.
- Store Items Strategically: Keep frequently used items close at hand, while those you don’t use as often can be tucked away.
- Invest in Multipurpose Furniture: Consider investing in a bed frame with built-in storage or a desk/dresser combo to help maximize space.
- Make Use of Every Nook and Cranny: Don’t forget about forgotten corners. A small corner can be perfect for a home office setup.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Room: Even if you have plenty of storage, make sure not to overcrowd the room. Chaos can be overwhelming and make it difficult to stay productive.
We hope these small bedroom office combo ideas and tips have inspired you to make the most of your limited space.
With a little creativity and planning, you can create a comfortable bedroom/office combo without sacrificing style.
Smarter Bedroom Office Tips
Creating a functional and comfortable office in your bedroom can be quite a challenge. Here are some tips to help you make the most of this unique space:
- Choose the Right Lighting: Be sure to choose a lighting system that can be adjusted to suit your needs throughout the day. Natural light is ideal for when you need to focus, while task lighting is great for late-night work sessions.
- Invest in Ergonomic Furniture: Investing in ergonomic furniture will help ensure that your body is properly supported while you work. Choose a chair and desk designed for comfort to avoid any potential aches or pains.
- Utilize Wall Space: Install wall shelves and organizers to store office supplies and documents in an organized way. This will free up floor space and prevent the area from becoming cluttered.
- Keep it Clean: Keeping your office clean is essential for productivity. Make sure to take the time to tidy up regularly and declutter your space when needed.
- Create Separation: If possible, create a slight separation between your office and bedroom. This doesn’t necessarily mean putting up a wall—you can use art, furniture, or even a screen to create some visual separation.
Adding an Office to the Guest Bedroom
If you’re looking to add an office space to your guest bedroom, there are a few tips you should keep in mind.
- Choose a Compact Desk: Pick a desk that fits the size of your room and takes up minimal space. This will give your guests plenty of room to move around while also providing an area for you to work.
- Choose a Comfortable Chair: Choose a chair that’s good for work time but also comfortable for guests.
- Add Plenty of Light: To keep the office bright and inviting, add plenty of light sources. A combination of natural and task lighting will help to create an atmosphere that is conducive to work, but also allows guests to wind down.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Room: Even if you have plenty of storage options, be sure not to overcrowd the room. An overcrowded space can be distracting and make it difficult for your guests to relax.
Creating an office in your bedroom or guest room can be quite a challenge, but with the right planning and design strategies it is possible.
By taking into account factors such as lighting, ergonomic furniture, wall space utilization and clutter control you will be able to create a functional yet stylish workspace that meets all your needs.
With these tips in mind, you’ll have no problem transforming any room into an efficient home office.