A sage green nursery is one of the most popular colors for new parents. It’s a soothing color, which makes it perfect for this room.
Sage green has been growing in popularity over the past few years, and it’s easy to see why!
This calming color can be used as an accent or in an entire room. If you’re looking for some great sage green nursery ideas, take a peek at our roundup below.
Why Sage Green for a Nursery?
Sage green is a popular color for nurseries because it’s a calming, neutral shade that can be paired with many different colors.
If you’re looking for new nursery decorating ideas, or if you want to freshen up your current theme and make it more sophisticated, a sage green nursery is an excellent choice—it works well with woodland and animal themes too!
This shade of green has been used in interior design since ancient times as a symbol of wisdom, longevity, and health.
It can also represent calmness and balance in our lives. Because sage greens are so versatile (they work well with modern furniture pieces or traditional styles), there are many ways to incorporate this hue into your nursery design scheme.
30+ Sage Green Nursery Ideas
Here is our curated collection of over 30 best sage green nursery ideas – to get even more inspiration check out our Pinterest account here.
Most Popular Shades for Sage Green Nursery
Sage green is a color that works well with a lot of different shades and patterns. Here are some of the most popular:
- Light Sage Green: This color is light enough to be soft and calming, but it will also have enough contrast to make your nursery pop.
- Dark Sage Green: If you want something bolder than light sage green, try going with dark sage green instead! It’s still a very calm color that’ll look great in any room.
- Light Sage Green and White: Light sage greens work great with white accents because they complement each other well! They look excellent together if you add natural elements like wood or stone.
- Light Sage Green and Grey: Take two neutral colors (light sage green and grey) along with natural objects (wood, stone), add some fun patterns (stripes) on top of everything else…and voila—you’ve got yourself one heck of an eye-catching sage green nursery theme!
Sage Green and Grey Nursery
Sage green and gray are popular color combinations for nurseries because they are both soothing and calming colors that create a warm and inviting atmosphere in the room.
The combination of sage green and gray also creates a gender-neutral space that can be used for both boys and girls.
One way to incorporate this color scheme in a nursery is to paint the walls in a soft sage green shadeand use gray accents in furniture, bedding, and decor.
Sage Green and Pink Nursery
Sage green and pink are complementary colors, meaning they are opposite each other on the color wheel. This creates a strong contrast when used together.
Sage green is a soothing color that creates a warm and inviting atmosphere in the room. At the same time, pink is a playful and feminine color that adds a touch of sweetness to the space.
Light Sage Green Nursery
Light sage green is a great choice for your nursery.
This color is calming, promotes peace and tranquility, and can be paired with white or grey to create a soothing effect.
Using an accent color creates contrast in small areas like the ceiling or wall trim. Light wood tones help to create an elegant look that will last through all stages of childhood.
Sage Green and White Nursery
Sage green and white is a classic color combination. White is known for making rooms appear bigger, making it perfect for small spaces.
With sage green, you can create a soothing atmosphere that will help your little one feel comfortable and secure.
But if you want to go even further with the design of your nursery or child’s room, here are some examples of how you can use these two colors in different ways:
- Modern Nursery – A modern nursery doesn’t have to be all neutral shades! The right pops of bold color can really stand out in an otherwise simple space (and they don’t have to be as loud). Try using sage green as part of an accent wall along with bright pops of orange or red—it will look amazing when paired with crisp white trim!
- Minimalist Nursery – If you want a more serene vibe in your baby’s room but still like having some fun touches now and then, try going for something highly calming, like a minimalist safari-themed space.
Sage Green Nursery Decor Ideas
A sage green nursery is a great choice and creates the perfect base for room accessories.
It is easy to match with other furniture and accessories in the room, but it also stands out on its own. Sage green can be used for baby bedding, curtains, rugs, wall decals, or art for your baby’s room.
Here are some ideas for using sage green in your nursery:
- Sage Green Nursery Decor Ideas: There are lots of sage green decor ideas that you can use for your newborn’s room. The most important thing is finding something that will look good with all the other colors and patterns used throughout the house or apartment building where you live.
- Sage Green Nursery Accessories: You should buy some new accessories so they match well with everything else in their bedroom setup (bed sheets), including curtains and any artwork hanging up on walls somewhere around there too!
If you have already done something like this, add a few things, such as an armchair chair pillow, additional blankets, or a rug.
We hope that you’ve enjoyed these sage green nursery ideas!
There are more options than the ones we’ve shown in this article. There are so many ways to incorporate this color into your nursery. Ultimately, the choice is yours, and you’re only limited by your imagination.
We hope you have fun choosing the right style of sage green nursery, and we’re sure your little one will love their new space.