The playroom often becomes a space for creativity and color in the house.
Playroom wall decor is where most of us have unleashed our inner artists to create fun and eye-catching murals for our kids. While the rest of our house follows themes and often falls on the neutral side, we say you should let your creative juices flow when it comes to playroom wall decor.
Many of the playroom wall decor projects can be turned into fun DIY activities that you can do with your kids. Let their inner artist show!
If you’re looking for inspiration, scroll through the article below to find some of our favorite decor, collage, mural, and wall art to find the best idea for your playroom!
Practical Tips for Choosing Playroom Wall Decor
Before you pick up the tools or start looking for designs, there are some tips that will help you increase the practicality of your wall decor:
- Explore temporary designs or decor that can be switched up regularly. This will stop the playrooms from becoming boring and keep it exciting for kids.
- Keep it easy to clean. Walls can fall victim to spills, paint splashes, or other mini accidents in the playroom. Ensuring your decor is easy to clean will save you trouble in the future.
- Try to enlarge the space. Don’t create overpowering structures or decor that will make the room feel smaller.
- Observe how your kids use the playroom before making decisions for them!
50+ Best Playroom Wall Decor Ideas
We’ve seen parents get really creative with playroom wall decor. Textures, paint, and interactive walls are not uncommon in a playroom anymore. We’ve collected some of our favorite ideas that you can use as inspiration! Browse the article below to find your next project!
Playroom Wall Art Decor
Let art adorn your walls! Wall art can become a source of inspiration for your kids and the best part is that it can be changed as often as you want! We would recommend making the wall art child-friendly. This means less glass and other heavy materials and more canvas and paper.
Playroom Wall Decor Ideas for Boys
If you’re looking for a fun DIY idea that you can do with your kid, consider homemade tube shelves!
You can use any kind of tube and cut it into equidistant pieces, glue it onto a piece of cardboard and use it as a shelf for your boy’s toys. Place his power rangers, hot wheels, or even Baby Yoda to make the shelf come alive!
Another idea for the slightly artsy child may be to cover the wall up with a blackboard. This gives him a free space to express his creativity without getting any of the other walls dirty!
Playroom Wall Decor Ideas for Girls
Apart from adorable wall art, you can use the blackboard hack for girls as well. If you’re simply looking to add some color to the room then consider large confetti or heart-shaped wall decals. This can instantly enliven the look of the room!
Another idea is to have a cork board that she can keep relacing with cutouts of her favorite artists, bands, or any new trend she is obsessing over!
Tips for Keeping the Playroom Organized
While doing the decor is the exciting bit of the playroom, it is important to keep it organized too.
- Invest in a storage system: Life is a lot easier with a storage system of your choice. A cube shelf, bookshelf, or closet system will create a designated place for all toys and miscellaneous things. Easier to organize when you know where to put the stuff!
- Use the right storage bins: Remove all toys from their original packaging to save on space and put them in the right storage bins. These can be buckets, laundry bags, or even specialized storage bins.
- Set rules about small and frequent pick-ups: Teach the children to pick up and organize toys after playtime. Doing smaller, more frequent pick-ups will help avoid having big piles to sort through in the end.
A playroom is a place created for fun and learning and that is exactly what the process of decorating and organizing should be!