Create your bohemian oasis with these gypsy boho bedroom ideas centred around designers such as Vivienne Westwood.
You can use the designer’s style for inspiration and select some art pieces to be displayed on one wall.
This is one of the features that you can consider for your gypsy boho bedroom. You can discover some ideas for how to spruce up your bedroom in a gypsy boho style or add boho touches to your current bedroom.
Most Popular Design Styles For Gypsy Boho Bedrooms
· Beach style gypsy boho bedroom – create a beach-inspired look and make you feel as if you are close to the beach. Inspired by blue and white décor, accessories such as natural elements of shells and wooden ornaments are appropriate.
· Black and white boho sheek with added patterns are another dynamic with some carefully chosen lighting to create a calm ambience.
· Classic boho uses rich colours such as emerald and gold but you can have a more masculine look with black and white. Add a big and bold black and white art piece as a focal feature to the space.
Best Gypsy Boho Bedroom Ideas
· Consider your boho colour scheme – neutral colour schemes give a nice relaxed feel. Vibrant colours may be a little loud and you can always tone these down with white walls. Boho is a great way to bring lots of colours and textures together.
· Add texture – bring texture into your room such as chunky knits and pillows.
· Relaxation – add floor pillows and wooden ottomans inviting you to sit on the floor. Low-level furniture is best with lighter woods preferable.
· Add plants for a boho look and they add to the overall deco. The plants can be hanging which also creates more space. Cacti and tropical plants are preferred.
· Use different types of lights for clusters of different areas in the room.
· Rugs are best suited to a boho look. Layered rugs are more cost-effective so it helps to cover more space and provide more textures. Texture and pattern are most important in boho to finish off the look. Try and use a similar thickness of rugs.
· Patterns should be coordinated so that there is a main colour accented. For example, it could be hues of purple and pink.
· Create a plain wall space so that the space is not too overloaded.
· Add vintage items for featured aspects to the boho look such as a reclaimed chair.
· This is a style that is very casual and homely so it is best to define your bedroom so that it is personal to you. It can reflect you and be more individual. You can create a feature wall with many of the personal effects that you have collected on your travels.
· Add a gallery wall with different frames or art pieces that you like.
· Use various materials to give a warm and comfortable feel.
· Make it jungle inspired by adding many tropical plants into the space in a variety of different ways – hang them from the ceiling or display them on shelves and tables.
· Use wallpaper to give that jungle feel with a plant-inspired pattern.
· White bedroom boho – keep the walls and the linen white but add patterned furnishings, rugs and pillows for a simple but textured look.
Features of Gypsy Boho Bedrooms
There are many features for this style of bedroom. What truly makes a space feel boho is usually the choice of lighting. You can use lanterns and candles to make it more romantic and use different pieces from all over the world for a mixed approach.
Add jewels and bright tones of fabrics and textures to give it appeal. Don’t forget to use warm scents in the room such as incense or diffusers in a musty or vanilla scent. You can always use an up lighter or some wax melters to help to fill the room with fragrance.
Comfortable furniture for an informal lounge space is an important feature of a gypsy boho bedroom as it signals relaxation.
The lighting is what really makes a space feel boho. Skip the overhead lighting and use lanterns, lamps, and candles instead. Create an eclectic look with unique pieces from all over the world to create a mix-and-match look. Embrace bright and jewel tones. Look for relaxed furniture that creates a more informal lounging space.
Adding boho touches to existing bedroom style
If you already have a gypsy boho bedroom then you can add some new touches to your bedroom.
· Use a focal point to match the décor such as a wicker chair and a side table to rest your books and glasses on.
· You can make some embellishments yourself by using some recycled materials. For example, you could make a new headboard with some recycled wood and tapestry.
· Buy something that you love to add to the space so that it holds more meaning.
· Add trinkets and keepsakes for a wanderlust effect.
· Metallic mirrors and frameworks are hallmarks of a boho style.
· A patterned boho-style lampshade can be a useful upgrade to a lamp.
· Add some tapestry and a Moroccan-style rug for more patterns. The use of patterns needs to be kept in check for a less chaotic look so try not to overdo it.
· You can bring in and add more plants to bring the outdoors in. You could add some cacti or some indoor plants that are bigger than you have previously chosen. Use different containers and display them around the bedroom or in one particular area.
· Add more wicker materials into the space such as wicker baskets and chairs.